Here you may find, the many ramblings of my mind.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Time!!!

Well Christmas time is over and done with. It was an extremely nice one this year. I think that my mom was worried about the large decrease in presents under the tree this year but to me it made no difference. I loved it all the same. We decided to do an untraditional Christmas dinner this year. :) That is what my mom should have been worries about! It was an... experience. The potatoes and the rolls were good, but that's about all that I could agree with. 
The menu consisted of breaded shrimp, steak, salad, potato boats, and store bought rolls. Mom was in a hurry so she tried to fry too many of the shrimp at once and they became a big gooey half fried clump. It didn't look to appetizing so i didn't chance it. After the steaks were marinated we discovered we did not have a broiler pan and had to make one using a normal cookie sheet and a biscuit rack thing. After eating we decided that the steaks were not good to begin with and mothers cooking was not at fault. The actual salad was yummy but we were out of salad dressing. The potatoes and the rolls were excellent! 
 A very memorable Christmas. Deb is leaving today and we are on our own for new years eve. That's usually what happens and we always have fun with it. Well, today is a big shopping day and I plan to use it to the best of my ability. I better get ready. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Merry Christmas and New Year's to you as well! I'm glad christmas was well this year even if the food didn't work out quite as expected!

Life Is Good said...

You know it is things like this that make for fun memories later!

Glad you had a fun Christmas...we had a great Christmas too!

We miss you and look forward to you coming up!

Love ya

The Writer said...

Happy New Year squirt!

Miss you!

Life Is Good said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Hope we get to see you this year!

The Writer said...

You planning on ever posting again?